Program ManagerCompany: SkillsUSA Rhode Island
SkillsUSA Rhode Island
Founded in 1976, SkillsUSA Rhode Island in partnership with business and industry provides opportunities for members to develop individually and improve teamwork, leadership and professional skills through education, training, service and competition.
For more information, please visit: www.skillsusari.org
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Manager is responsible for the programming success of SkillsUSA Rhode Island ensuring membership development, team management, program delivery, quality control and evaluation. The Program Manager will be key in assisting the Director in the development and delivery of membership strategies, programs and activities for our members.
- Cultivate existing relationships with vendors ensuring sufficient products, resources, space and access to services.
- Assist the Executive Director in developing and and implementing strategies for membership development in the middle level, secondary and college/post secondary membership markets.
Fundraising and Building Industry Support
- Help to build links between local CTE centers and Business and Industry for students to gain possible internships and job opportunities.
- Develop a fundraising strategy to offset the cost for students attending the national conference.
- Work with the Director and the Championships Committee to secure prizes for competitors.
- Present the Career Essentials Curriculum to local employers.
Training and Professional Development
- Assist with professional development for teachers the continued implementation of the Career Essentials Curriculum.
- Assist with the development of Career Essentials training for students.
- Manage database and track for Career Essentials participation and completion.
- Manage and Oversee the annual Jump into STEM middle school conference.
The successful candidate will lead programs, partner with the Executive Director and work collaboratively with a hi-performance volunteer team.
Specific requirements include:
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Specific experience with and/or understanding of the SkillsUSA mission, vision, program and policies a plus
- 3-5 years experience with membership and program development and/or non profit management
- Demonstrated success developing and evaluating program models, selecting and successfully operationalizing new and innovative programs
- Proficient in using technology as management and recruiting tools and experience working with information technology volunteers or staff to develop and implement program offerings through website integration and social networking opportunities
- Strong project management skills executing complex, multi faceted project resulting in measurable successes and program growth
- Experience having worked with a high-performance, collaborative, volunteer structure
- Strength in recruiting, managing, developing, coaching and retaining individual volunteers and teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment and passion for the SkillsUSA Rhode Island mission
Please Click Here to Apply