Development Administrative AssistantCompany: URI Foundation
Date Posted: November 17, 2017
Development Administrative Assistant
The University of Rhode Island Foundation
The Development Administrative Assistant will be a member of the Administrative Support Team at the URI Foundation, and report to the Executive Assistant to the President.
- Support advancement work of the President of URI and the URI Foundation by preparing event and visit strategy briefings, call sheets, travel itineraries and assist with the coordination of Presidential travel;
- Assist the Administrative Support Team with tasks that support the activities of the URI Foundation; including but not limited to coordinating mailings and mail merges, ordering office supplies, and opening and distributing daily mail;
- Provide principal gifts support including but not limited to, scheduling and maintaining calendar of appointments and travel, answering and screening telephone calls, managing contact reports, developing monthly expense reports and assisting with principal gift focused events;
- Provide back-up coverage for functions including coverage of reception area and answering main phone line;
- Minimum of five years of prior administrative experience, preferably in a fundraising, development or advancement office;
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word; Excel; PowerPoint) required;
- High level of aptitude in calendar management required;
- Ability to work calmly and effectively, and prioritize assignments in a fast-paced, high production environment;
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects;
- Must be pro-active, detailed-oriented, able to multi-task, and prioritize an often shifting workload;
- Ability to take on other duties as assigned on short notice;
- Occasional nights/weekends for select events may be required.
- Expected to work with limited supervision, communicate status of projects, identify problems and seek guidance in resolution from the supervisor;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, and expected to maintain confidentiality as well as exhibit discretion and professionalism.
- A bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and administrative experience similar to the duties described above.