Development AssociateCompany: Jamestown Arts Center
Date Posted: December 6, 2017
Jamestown Arts Center
Development Associate | 20 hours/week @ $20/hour
The Development Associate is a key contributor to JAC fundraising efforts. This individual will report to the Executive Director.
The JAC is a dynamic work environment with a small, dedicated team of staff, board members, and volunteers. Our mission is to engage, enrich, and inspire our community through extraordinary arts and educational opportunities.
QUALIFICATIONS: The JAC is seeking an energetic self-starter to aid us in meeting our fundraising goals. The position requires strong organizational skills, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and the capacity to work as part of a team as well as on self-directed projects. It is essential to have excellent interpersonal skills and maintain a level of professionalism for interacting with donors and the public. The ideal candidate should also possess excellent writing skills and have event experience. Applicant must be MS Office literate. Working knowledge of DonorPerfect and experience with the production and execution of fundraising events and appeals a plus.
Some night and weekend hours will be necessary. Applicants should also have a demonstrated love of the arts.
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two years of previous work experience in the development/fundraising and events field required.
- Provide administrative support to the Development Committee and Executive Director
- Develop reports using DonorPerfect and provide data to the ED and Committee
- Solicit corporate sponsorship for a variety of events and campaigns
- Maintain sponsor and donor lists and ensure proper recognition
- Assist with the planning, coordination, and production of fundraising and cultivation events
- Assist with donor mailings, annual fund letters, planned giving, and sponsorship efforts
- Assist in developing new strategies for donor engagement
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a non-profit organization or other related work
- Strong interpersonal skills, must be comfortable speaking to a variety of people in both casual and formal settings
- Excellent phone, email, and in-person etiquette in dealing with the public and donors
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work with sensitive information
- Self-learner, proactive, and able to work independently and as part of a small team
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to interpret data from our donor database
- Creative energy, self-starter with ability to handle multiple projects
- Experience in the use of MS Office and social media
- Familiarity with database management; knowledge of DonorPerfect a plus
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com