Development CoordinatorCompany: Newport County YMCA
Date Posted: January 2, 2017
The Newport County YMCA seeks a part time Development Coordinator to support the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. In addition to the essential functions listed below the Development Coordinator will assists the CEO & Director of Development by providing high-level support in all fundraising activities involving the use of discretion and independent judgment.
- Coordinates and implements annual fund activities.
- Inputs gifts and notes in donor management system.
- Manages and assists on all special events including fundraising events, cultivation events and presentations.
- Maintains computer databases for various reports, committees, mailings & correspondence.
- Coordinates, manages and schedules capital campaign meetings and events as necessary.
- Gathers data, compiles and prepares statistical and relevant reports.
- Develops and prepares presentation materials as necessary.
- Uses discretion and independent judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information regarding the CEO’s responsibilities & fundraising activities.
- Other tasks as needed per Development Director or CEO.
- Three or more years of related experience.
- Proficient in all standard business software.
- Knowledgeable about office processes and procedures.
- Ability to work with integrity, discretion and a professional approach.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use a computer for extended periods of time and can communicate using a computer and phone/smart device.
- The employee frequently is required to sit and reach, and must be able to move around the work environment.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To Apply, please send resume, cover letter and salary expectations to Sara Meirowitz at Saram@Newportymca.org