Grants and Administrative AssistantCompany: van Beuren Charitable Foundation
Date Posted: February 11, 2018
JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Grants/Administrative Assistant
van Beuren Charitable Foundation (vBCF) is a family philanthropy, founded in 1986, that invests in the quality of life and quality of place of Aquidneck Island and surrounding communities. vBCF partners with the community to find innovative and practical ways to achieve its mission. To accomplish this, vBCF focuses on supporting projects and programs in four priority areas: Strong Starts, Healthy Lifestyles, Community Prosperity, and Excellence in the Commons.
Further information about vBCF is at www.vbcfoundation.org
vBCF seeks a full-time (40 hours/week) Grants/Administrative Assistant to support its grantmaking and office operations tasks. The position is based in Newport, RI .
The Grants/Administrative Assistant is an integral part of the team that includes the Executive Director, Senior Program Officer and Grants & Business Manager.
- Ensure that that all grantee and potential grantee records are in order, from initial application intake to the grant close-out, tracking correspondence and progress on fulfillment of grant requirements to keeping grant contracts and reports current and creating and updating contact records.
- Ensure accuracy of grant information in database (including contact management)
- Assist with preparation of Board materials
- Support smooth running of the foundation office, including coordinating and setting up meetings and conference calls, assisting with event setup, ordering and tracking supplies, maintaining the office calendar and contacts, assisting staff with travel arrangements
- Manage mail including opening/sorting, outgoing delivery and interoffice circulation
- Manage records and files
- Maintain/troubleshoot support of leased equipment and phone system
- Undertake special projects as assigned
Desired Background and Personal Qualities:
The preferred candidate will be bright, thoughtful, thorough, flexible and bring a generalist’s broad set of interests and skill to the position. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a busy office in a small team environment.
Consistently courteous, pleasant and professional, have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and be generally computer savvy. Experience with database management and the Mac OS is desirable. This position will involve a great deal of work in the MicroEdge Gifts database; training in this system will be provided if needed.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of relevant experience, or equivalent combination.
Required competencies and skills
- Computer and office skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook). Please highlight other software competencies related to content, calendar and project management and illustration/graphics.
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a small team
vBCF offers a competitive compensation package.
vBCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Those interested in this position may email a cover letter and resume with subject line “Admin/Grants Assist” by February 28, 2018 to: email@example.com.