Program Development CoordinatorCompany: Children's Friend
Date Posted: February 26, 2018
Be a Part of Making our Mission a Reality Every Day!
Mission: Children’s Friend is the innovative leader in improving the well-being and healthy development of Rhode Island’s most vulnerable young children. We accomplish this by providing flexible, effective, and culturally-relevant services, and advocating for programs and policies that support and strengthen these children and their families.
We offer a competitive salary and outstanding benefits package. For full-year employees, benefits include: comprehensive and low cost health insurance, dental insurance, retirement plan with agency contribution, life insurance, 4 weeks paid vacation, paid sick days, 11 paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, professional development opportunities, incentive -based wellness programs, opportunities for advancement, a family friendly environment and more!
Program Development Coordinator
Minimum Qualifications: A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, English, or Journalism, or a closely related field. Must have excellent computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite and the ability to perform complex internet searches. One to three years experience preferred.
Abilities: Able to work independently. Able to research, interpret, synthesize, and report on diverse data elements in a timely fashion. Able to communicate to agency staff, potential donors and vendors clearly and respectfully. Able to participate in teams to produce successful funding submissions. Able to work collaboratively and respectfully with agency staff, clients, and outside entities. Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies and analyzes opportunities for new funding prospects from all sources, i.e., federal, state, and private.
- Works collaboratively with agency staff to help assess program and agency needs and to then identify resources which will help the program and agency meet the identified needs.
- Engages with funding program officers in order to generate proposal invitations.
- Leads grant development project process by convening stakeholders to develop and plan out grant projects.
- Writes successful proposals by submitting well-written, thoroughly researched, and properly documented submissions, meeting deadlines as required by funders.
- Coordinates, prepares, and files reports as required by funders in an accurate, thorough, and timely manner.
- Researches, develops, and writes position papers for senior management.
- Interacts effectively and respectfully with others and particularly with individuals whose backgrounds are different.
- Contributes to the overall success and quality of the agency by working constructively and collaboratively with other staff members to address programmatic and agency-wide issues and needs.
- Pursues ongoing professional development through professional reading and attending relevant workshops and conferences (including Children’s Friend’s core training
- Supports Advancement team goals and projects as needed.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Please apply online and upload your resume and cover letter at http://www.childrensfriendri.org
Children's Friend is an equal opportunity employer