Events and Marketing CoordinatorCompany: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center
Date Posted: February 27, 2018
The Marketing and Events Coordinator supports the success of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Center by working with staff and volunteer leadership to assist with planning, coordinating and implementing events designed to raise funds for and to promote community awareness of MLK programs and services.
- The specific responsibilities of the Marketing and Events Coordinator include:
- Work with the Director of Development and Institutional Advancement Committee to plan fundraising and awareness events.
- Coordinate all fundraising and logistics for the annual event and other smaller donor cultivation and fundraising events throughout the year.
- This includes meeting regularly with the special event committee, keeping detailed minutes of the meetings, recording all donations and sponsorships for the event, recording all ticket sales, and reconciling the event results.
- Manage event logistics including securing needed licenses, talent, materials, staffing and volunteers; and handle event set up and breakdown.
- Create event materials (invitations, programs, signage), monthly newsletters, all invitations, solicitation mailings, and the annual report.
- Promote the Center through social media, newsletters and the website. Manage the MLK's website.
- Assist the Director of Development with management of all development systems with precision, including hard files, database, gift table, and funding plans.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Manage mailings including preparation of lists, coordination with mail house and printer.
- Maintain office development files.
- Assist with preparation of the Annual Audit.
- Support the attainment of team goals in all organizational priority areas.
This position will require:
- Proficiency with donor software, MS Office, Excel, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Flexibility in availability to include evening and weekend events.
- Respect for donor confidentiality and privacy.
- Exceptional organization and time management skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with social media engagement as a communication and fundraising tool.
- Deep belief in our organization's mission.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High level of accuracy.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically is essential.
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as demonstrate initiative.
- Strong connections within the Newport County community is a must.
This is a year-round, full-time exempt position with competitive pay and a generous benefits package. Some weeks will require evening and weekend work to prepare for fundraising or other visibility events.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Marilyn Warren, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org