Vice President of DevelopmentCompany: Kennedy-Donovan Center
Date Posted: March 23, 2018
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, Kennedy-Donovan Center, Inc. (KDC) is looking for a Vice President of Development. The Vice President of Development is responsible for supporting the overall strategic mission of the organization and the programs and services, leading development and public relations activities and ensuring accountability and compliance. He/she is an essential part of the strategic development, leadership, and day to day operation of the organization. The Vice President of Development and Public Relations is responsible for effectively directing the organization's fundraising, communications and public relations initiatives. The Vice President of Public Relations and Development also develops policy and directs and coordinates activities related to the media, and special events.
- Oversee and direct development program, including annual appeal, grant applications, special campaigns and funds, planned giving, corporate donor and major gift programs.
- Develop and produce Agency printed and marketing materials, i.e. newspapers, annual report, brochures, posters, invitations
- Team with IT Director in managing/maintaining Agency web site
- Support and supervise the in development and maintenance of fundraising activities throughout the agency
- Assess the organization’s development, fundraising and media positions and issue periodic written reports
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations relating to such issues as IRS standards, taxes, non-profit status, conflicts, etc. as they relate to development, fundraising and public relations, consulting appropriate sources as required.
- Prepare an Annual Plan to outline goals and objectives for the department
- Oversee the recruitment and selection process of staff, consultants, and volunteers as required to carry out the goals and objectives of the department
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with Kennedy-Donovan Center’s policies and applicable laws
- Coordinate agency publications and communications, as well as agency branding and name recognition.
- Complete and maintain documentation as required by KDC and all applicable funding or regulatory agencies
- Develop and implement an on-going planned giving program by working with the Board to identify, cultivate, and solicit prospects.
- Identify and manage a portfolio of up to 100 major donor prospects that have a gift capacity of $5,000 or more.
- Introduces new projects and fundraising concepts to ensure long-term and immediate fundraising for the organization.
- Develop and coordinate a plan for donor recognition, retention, renewal, and upgrade.
- Provide training and leadership for programs regarding effective fundraising methods.
- Represent organization and build relationships at various networking events.
- Plan cultivation events and coordinate stewardship for major donors.
- Fulfill other professional duties as may be assigned by the President/CEO, including but not limited to serving as a staff member of the Board Development Committee and the Fund-raising Committee of the Board of Vice Presidents.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university, Masters degree perferred. Minimum of five years non-profit development experience required, including substantial professional experience in the personal attainment of major gifts (not just as a team member).
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) or Certified Fund Raising Management (CFRM) designation, preferred
- Significant experience in fundraising, development, communications and administration of the same
- Superior interpersonal, organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Able to meet required competency level in Microsoft Office Software
- Moderate travel in Massachusetts required
- Ability to sit for extended time periods
Please visit our website to learn more www.kdc.org/careers or email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com