Development and Public Relations SpecialistCompany: Meals on Wheels of Rhode Island
Date Posted: July 25, 2017
Under the direction of the Director of Development and PR: assist in cultivation and stewardship of potential and existing donors; management of fundraising projects and events, and public relations responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with mid-level assigned donors to integrate successful “moves management” system.
- Provide support and assistance of grants program and grant writer; maintaining calendar, compile copies and necessary documents as needed.
- Draft compelling appeal letters to donors.
- Assist with the development of, and writing of articles for the yearly newsletter.
- Provide strong organizational and public relations support for the annual March for Meals (MFM) Campaign Event, to include: writing of media alerts & press releases; excellent communication and scheduling during month long event.
- Manage multiple tasks and timelines.
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree; 2-4 years of non-profit Development and/or Public Relations experience preferred.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize are essential.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising and public relations, data analysis, as well as demonstrated computer aptitude and experience.
- Social Media knowledge.
Health insurance/medical and dental
Personal and Sick Time
Send resume and cover letter to Lkaplan@rimeals.org, Human Resources Director