Advancement Services OfficerCompany: Lincoln School
Date Posted: August 1, 2017
Advancement Services Officer
The Advancement Services Officer will help advance the mission of Lincoln School by supporting the interests of those who invest philanthropically in Lincoln.
The Officer will gather, organize, manage and disseminate information to guide the sound and effective management of the advancement operation at Lincoln School.
The Officer will establish policies, adhere to guidelines and apply technical solutions to minimize risk, and maximize philanthropic investment in Lincoln School.
Specifically, Advancement Services Officer will oversee
● Database management and reporting
● Gift and biographical records management
● Donor relations – donor recognition and stewardship
● Prospect development – prospect research and prospect management
● Supports the direct mail program for annual giving
As part of your responsibilities, the Advancement Services Officer will be called upon to:
● Facilitate fundraising, gift processing, constituent tracking, relationship management, fund management, and stewardship.
● Provide the essential infrastructure of the Advancement enterprise.
● Position their front-line colleagues (fundraisers, alumni officers, etc.) for success in relationships with donors, potential donors, volunteers and other supporters.
● Minimize risks that Management incurs by accurately recording and reporting fundraising information, lead reconciliation with the business office and by securely managing sensitive data.
● Understand, explain and apply all regulations and guidelines governing fundraising, gift processing and gift accounting.
● Stay current with trends in Philanthropy and with the technical developments that apply to the profession; communicate and lead their organizations in applying these developments.
● Occasional night and weekend work for Advancement Events
● Performs other duties as needed and assigned
Skills and Knowledge:
● Superior attention to detail and accuracy is essential
● Excellent knowledge of financial management and effective business communications
● Strong interpersonal/customer-service skills and a positive disposition
● Extensive experience with databases, strong Excel skills and aptitude for learning new systems
● Knowledge of fundraising principles and practices
● Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
● Ability to uphold the highest standards of work including handling sensitive, confidential donor information
To be considered, please send a resume and cover letter to:
Molly Garrison | firstname.lastname@example.org
Director of Advancement
301 Butler Ave, Providence, RI 02906