Executive DirectorCompany: A Wish Come True, Inc.
Date Posted: August 15, 2017
A Wish Come True, Inc.
The Executive Director (ED) is the lead staff member charged by the A Wish Come True, Inc. (AWCT) Board of Directors with the responsibility of carrying out the mission of A Wish Come True’ by-laws. The ED’s main task is to see that the policies and mission set by the Board are executed faithfully by the entire staff including volunteers.
This person is the main link between the day to day operations and Board oversight, and thus is charged with keeping the Board informed of key components of the organizations activities, needs, financial health and effectiveness. The ED is also responsible for the program and funding of the program. This person is required to manage the property and maintenance contracts.
Specific responsibilities include:
Relationship with Board of Directors
• Report directly to the Board of Directors, specifically the President.
• Help Board of Directors develop and maintain appropriate policies to implement the organization’s mission and guide its daily activities
• Create annual budget in conjunction with Treasurer and present it to the full Board of Directors for its approval
Financial and organizational management
• Manage and supervise the Organization's day to day administrative functions, including, but not limited to, overseeing the Organization's correspondence, financial and informational reports and the accurate recording by accepted accounting principles of the Organization's receipts and disbursements.
• Manage budget on daily basis and provide timely reports to Board.
• Pay bills and sign checks. If the amount of the check is $2,500.00 or over, such check shall be cosigned by the President or the Vice President or the Treasurer).
• Assume responsibility (along with the Fundraising Coordinator) for all promotional and fundraising activities.
• Oversee management of wish granting activities.
Represent AWCT in public
• Be “the face” of AWCT at public events, fundraisers, with the press, and in all capacities where a spokesperson is needed, always in an effort to promote the mission and success of A Wish Come True, Inc.
• Other responsibilities as needed to maintain full legal, fiscal, and organizational health of A Wish Come True, Inc.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org