Staff Assistant for Prospect Research and ManagementCompany: Bridgewater State University
Date Posted: August 25, 2017
Staff Assistant for Prospect Research and Management
University Advancement is the fundraising arm of Bridgewater State University and works closely with all departments on campus .
This position is responsible to create and produce reports directly related to fundraising programs and projects for University Advancement and for the University. The incumbent of this position will work with divisional staff to apply advancement research and technical resources to inform, enhance and direct fundraising and volunteer management activities.
Position Type: APA Professional
1. Serve as the division’s lead prospect researcher by identifying, collecting, organizing, analyzing and disseminating information on key stakeholders, groups and issues of strategic importance to the University Advancement division;
2. Oversee the delivery of research services directly related to fundraising programs and projects for University Advancement. Coordinates the investigation of individuals, corporations and foundations to determine history of giving;
3. Plan and prepare comprehensive and/or complex in-depth research services for fundraising purposes requiring a high degree of sensitivity;
4. Utilize various resources such as WealthEngine, FindWealth, BurrellesLuce, Alumni Finder, LinkedIn, and Lexis-Nexis to identify major gift prospects and prepare detailed and up-to-date research briefing reports for development and senior staff;
5. Prepare event briefings as needed by University leadership;
6. Participate in divisional prospect management meetings and efforts to fully implement research intelligence and management throughout all stages of the development cycle;
7. Participate in training opportunities to bring new prospect data and research services and methods to the Advancement division;
8. Safeguard the confidentiality of constituent records, adhering to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA ), the Donor’s Bill of Rights and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP ) Ethical Principles and Standards;
9. Must be able to interact comfortably and productively with internal staff, and external volunteers and donors at all levels and diverse backgrounds;
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. 2+ years of prospect research experience;
3. Ability to analyze financial data and related business information;
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
5. Computer proficiency, including in MS Office, Raiser’s Edge, and other development research tools;
6. Must be highly organized, self-motivated, work independently, and able to prioritize;
7. Must be accurate, detail oriented, dependable, and flexible
Bridgewater State University complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA ) to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employee with disabilities.
Office activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding and interaction with computer equipment; Occasional bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 5 pounds.
Special Conditions for Eligibility:
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Salary Range: $45,000 to $50,000
Posting Number: S00212P
Open Date: 06/20/2017
Close Date: 9/17/2017
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please note the following information is required to complete your application for this position:
*a minimum of one (1) employment history entry.
*a minimum of three (3) professional reference entries.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1069641
Bridgewater State University (BSU ) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.