Annual Fund ManagerCompany: Rhode Isand College Foundation
Date Posted: December 14, 2017
The individual will be responsible to plan, coordinate, and administer a comprehensive annual fund program to obtain and strengthen private, voluntary financial support for Rhode Island College.
The Rhode Island College Foundation, established in 1965, is a separate not-for-profit organization devoted to raising funds for the benefit of Rhode Island College. The Foundation also exercises fiduciary responsibility over endowments and other philanthropic investments made to benefit Rhode Island College. The Foundation is the primary source of private support to the college as it achieves its mission to offer accessible higher education of the finest quality to traditional and non-traditional students from around the state, the region, and beyond.
Full-Time, 35 hours per week, Calendar Year Appointment (May involve evening and/or weekend work as required.)
Manage all aspects of the annual giving program and maintain an active list of prospects for intermediate and major gifts.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, develop a detailed plan and timeline for the annual fund.
- Coordinate the design of all annual fund appeal materials.
- Implement the plan, continually evaluate progress and refine the segmentation and customization strategies to increase giving levels.
- Recruit, inspire, coordinate, and support volunteers including but not limited to current students and alumni.
- Coordinate and manage student lead phone-a-thon calling program.
- Successfully and effectively directly solicit donations, both in person and by phone.
- Visit annual fund major donors and volunteers, working as an important member of the advancement team to help identify major gift prospects.
- Work effectively in fundraising databases both for record keeping and report generation.
- Focus on stewardship of new and past donors throughout the year and perform research in support of donor cultivation.
- Develop and coordinate foundation events.
- Assume responsibility for such related activities as may from time to time be assigned by the Executive Director of the Rhode Island College Foundation.
- Work occasional non-standard hours to meet with donors and volunteers.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar donor management system.
- Working understanding of fundraising including campaign planning and implementation.
- Proven success in event planning.
- Ability to facilitate a diverse volunteer base; and documented ability and background to lead a -multifaceted annual fund program.
- Evidence of initiative and organizational ability.
- Ability to generate and to maintain good interpersonal relationships with professional colleagues and the community in general.
- Knowledge of and ability to manage office and record keeping procedures.
- Ability to work non-standard hours and travel locally.
Education: Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: Two to three years of experience in fundraising; one to two years of direct annual fund experience.
Visit https://employment.ric.edu/ to Apply!