History: Established 31 years ago, the Rhode Island Chapter currently serves more than 130 members. The organization supports its mission of advancing philanthropy through its committees, which include membership, diversity, scholarship, mentoring, education, and certification. For more information, contact Geri Manning at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership benefits offered by chapter:
- Educational sessions -Throughout the year on a variety of fundraising topics geared toward both individuals new to the profession and seasoned professionals. Members receive up to a 30 percent discount on fees.
- Conference- A full day of fundraising, including educational tracks for all levels of experience, nationally recognized keynote speakers, and, of course, great networking with other professionals. Members receive a discount fee.
- Mentoring-You have the opportunity to team up with a professional who has five or more years of experience to receive a year of fundraising guidance
- Scholarships- Financial assistance is available for educational sessions, local and international AFP conferences.
- Government Affairs- Members are kept informed of local legislation affecting nonprofits.
- Membership Committee-sponsored networking events throughout the year.
- Awards- Only members may nominate candidates for Chapter Awards.
AFP International Headquarters Staff Liaison: Rose Sadoval, RSandoval@afpnet.org